Sunday 15 April 2012

Have you been to our Birthday bash ?


Good Morning to you all, I hope your weekend is going well.

Using the new Teresa Collins DP's, Penny Black stamp inked with 
Tim Holtz distress markers, Spellbinder edgabilities 
and Fleur de Lis and Hobby House pearls

It's mid month for our April Birthday challenge and we are thrilled to see so many of you joining in our Birthday celebrations. But if you've not had time to take part yet, fear not because you still have two weeks to enter the challenge and join in the blog hop and with so many prizes on offer I know you won't want to miss out. And remember if you have already entered a card, you can join in again with something else such as a box, tag, l/o, in fact anything other than another card.

I know lots of you have been patiently waiting for the arrival of the Tim Holtz distress markers, well they are here......................

As well as the fabby markers, there are loads of new goodies arriving at Stampalot every day so I thought I would share a few tasters and if you click on the pictures below you will go straight to the items and can read a bit more about them all.

I also have a few cards to share as Janice set me a challenge to create a few using some of the latest products. If you want to know more about what I did on them or specific colours used please do pop over to my blog where I explain in more detail.

But I have listed the main items under each picture so you have an idea what I used.


The Penny Black stamp is inked with Tim Holtz distress markers, Teresa Collins DP, 
Penny Black sentiment and Hobby House pearls which I think are 
fabulous value at £1.45 a sheet.

I think I am most excited about the distress markers, they come in all the same colours as the inkpads so you can blend everything perfectly. One of my favourite stamping techniques is inking the stamp and spritzing with water before stamping and for me this is where the new markers really come into their own as you can colour the smallest elements without bleeding, if you look at the card above you will see I even managed to get some blue into the middle of the leaves and it stayed put.

Penny Black image again coloured with Tim Holtz distress markers, 
some soft sponging using the same colour distress inks and some punched butterflies.

Just one more share, time sort of got the better of me and these three cards were as far as I got, must try harder !

Have a good Sunday everyone.

2 comments:

Shazza said...

these ae stunning cards, love those paper in the first one

kaz_za's crafty corner said...

wowzer Brenda.... stunning cards... i love them all... the pens look fab... gonna have to save me pennies so i can get me them all... no point just buyin a couple i know i will not be happy with that... lol...
thanks 4 ur inspiration.....
kaz_za